Smoked Tofu, Asparagus and Peach Stir FryTofu asparagus and peach stir fry by Sophie
A luxurious stir fry perfect for early Summer, when aparagus is selling affordably and the fresh peaches available need cooking to bring out their flavour. I grabbed the fresh ingredients when they were selling off cheaply at the end of the day in our local supermarket.
It's a colourful dish that kids and adults alike love, as long as tofu floats their boat. Smoked tofu is a good one to introduce people to first. This one was previously frozen and thawed, which changes the creamy texture to a more spongy one that people can adapt to more easily and soaks up flavours well.
Can't find what your looking for? Search all of the ActiVeg Network recipes.
- 1 large onion
- 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (they can be dry or in oil)
- 2 x 280g packs of smoked tofu (Dragonfly is our favourite, when we can get it), chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped small
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 handfuls of chard, fresh spinach or spring greens, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- dash of tamari
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- dash of chilli sauce or powder, or more if you like, or a finely chopped fresh chilli if you have one
- olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Stir fry the onion and sun-dried tomato, then turn the heat down and put a lid on.
- After a few minutes, when the onion has softened a little, add in the smoked tofu cubes, asparagus and peach.
- Sprinkle in the condiments, sesame oil and tamari.
- Turn the heat up and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chard, stir, cover with the lid, turning down the heat, and let steam for 3 minutes until greens are softened.
- Serve immediately on rice noodles or rice.
- Difficulty: Beginners
- Preparation: Stir Fry
- Provides: 4 servings
- Yields: large frying pan of stir fry
- Vegginess:: Vegan
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- Total: 25 minutes
This recipe was reproduced with the kind permission of.
Add your comment